Mosaic Haven provides direct support services that are creatively designed to meet client’s unique needs, above and beyond their current services to prepare them for further education, employment and independent living.
Our parenting consultations provide supports and programs that use evidence-based strategies to respond to targeted behaviors at home, school and in the community. Our parent tested and approved approach is customizable to each individual! Some examples include:
- Identification of triggers and function of behaviors through data collection and analysis.
- Creation and implementation of a comprehensive Behavioral Intervention Plan.
- Use of visual planners, social stories, reward/incentive programs, coping skills, etc. to support and respond to behaviors.
- Collaboratively work with the school and the client’s environment to implement effective accommodations.
- Provide proactive solutions and clear expectations to reduce potential addictions such as social media, drugs and alcohol.
- Implement strategies to strengthen executive functioning skills.
Special Education IEP & 504 Plan
Our certified consultants assist families to create a positive partnership with their child’s school and the entire IEP/504 Plan team to enhance collaboration towards the common goals. We help parents/caregivers prepare for productive discussions and coach clients for accountability and self-advocacy to:
- Create an environment where the client will love to learn.
- Create an experience that has short-term and long-term positive impacts on the client.
- Ensure the client is provided a free appropriate education to meet their unique needs and becomes prepared for future education, employment and independent living.
Independent Living Skills
Our services provide a comprehensive toolkit that encompasses a detailed transition planning timeline that focuses on the unique needs of each individual and their goals to live a more fulfilled life. We proactively start addressing independent living during high school by including details on the IEP. We also coach and empower clients towards self-advocacy as they launch their own customized independent living action plan in such areas as:
- Financial Literacy
- Money Management
- Emotional Self-Regulation
- Meal Planning